Red Flags to Watch Out for When Choosing a Company for Your Renovation Project!
Let’s be honest, everyone knows that the construction industry doesn’t have the greatest reputation. There’s an endless amount of companies out there that are not legitimately registered, with the intentions of squeezing as many dollars out of your pocket as possible. Deciding on a company for your home addition or home extension project is a very important decision, one that most people make too quickly.
Below are some tell-tale signs that will be sure to help you distinguish the good, from the bad and the ugly. Most Common Red Flags:
- Delayed responses and do the initial consultation over the phone
- Insist you do the work without the proper city permits
- Do not provide detailed agreement
- No mention of liability insurance & WSIB
- Not verified on HomeStars
- No office location
- No recent testimonials or reviews
- Do not offer a milestone payment schedule